Tuesday, January 4

100 Artists See God

Went to see 100 Artists See God at the ICA yesterday. Work including a pill cabinet by Damien Hirst, a goddess by Leonard Nimmoy and a bumper sticker by Jeremy Deller. The curators were not interested in the spiritual credentials of the artists and many were from California. I was inspired by the exhibition as an exercise in unlocking some unusual views - although many I didn't get. The most disturbing was a huge projection of an American Evangelist preaching on art performed for the exhibition. On Thursday Anthony Padgett will draw a work from the collection for a concluding "semi-ironic prayer"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The opinions expressed on this site are those of Mark Waddington and not his employer. If I have made any errors or published anything unfairly please bring it to my attention and I will make corrections if appropriate.